Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Where are we?

HELLO!  You might thing I've forgotten about my little blog, or maybe that I'm just sitting my kids in front of the tv all day and have nothing to blog about (my friends are laughing at that!).  Thankfully neither of these are true.  I haven't been blogging for a bigger reason and one that I'm disappointed to confess. I have no pictures. Sad huh.  Really, what's a blog without some pictures - just a bunch of words that jumble together and aren't nearly as interesting.  So sadly, I haven't been blogging.  Don't even get me started on the guilt that my dear daughter has a paultry amount of pictures of herself compared to my son.

Today is no different, I still have no pictures. I'm here because I missed loging our fun and we've had such a terrific time through the holidays and so far this year.  It would be boring to detail it all in a single post, so I'll just summarize. (forgive me my friends and famiy if I forgot something major! Just remind me please!)



October ~ We continued to learn about trees and spent a HUGE amount of time at our local pumpkin patches.  Our city has THREE terrific patches that have many things to do.  If you recall, Turbo was completely dis-interested in our Tree Nature walk and I wondered if we'd continue with trees. We did and it turns out that he still, to this day, will tell me that Trees need water, nutrients and sunlight to grow.  Sometimes that boy leaves me scratching my head.


November ~ We learned about Thankfulness, pilgrams and turkeys. The highlight for Turbo was making this paperbag turkey with Little Sweetie and our friends. It was really cute and he still talks about it.  It was Lil' Sweetie's first glue project. We'll wait awhile for the next one.  We spent Thanksgiving with our dear friends as we've done for 10 years! Only missing ones when we were visiting back East.

December ~  We learned about the meaning of Christmas and did tons of Christmas'y' crafts. We read lots of books and spent lots of time with friends. Christmas Day was spectacular! The joy, amazement and wonder in my children's eyes were my greatest gift.  We also went down to SoCal to visit with family the week after Christmas. It was wonderful to see the kids with their Uncles, Great-grandparents and Grandma.  We ended the year celebrating at our friend's house for a party and sleep over. The kids stayed up until 11:00pm when they started asking to go to bed!

January ~ We're learning about Insects and also the Character Trait of being Orderly. We're having fun with this theme and will soon drive down to Pacific Grove to see the Monarchs migrating. Oh what a lovely site that will be!  We just spent another week in SoCal visiting my Mom and Grandparents again. We went to the Living Desert Zoo, The Largest Dinosaur exhibit and lots of time visiting.  My Grandparents live in Indiana, so it was an opportunity to spend more time with them before they went home. We also spent two days visiting a long-time friend and her family who are all so dear to my heart.  

I'm leaving out and forgetting tons, but that's the gist of it.   My camera will be found and charged over the weekend so I start taking pictures again!  Hopefully you'll see some color on my blog soon!

1 comment:

butterflywishes said...

sounds like you've been up to alot of fun! :)
glad to see your post :)