Friday, September 25, 2009

Family Friend Visit

Today was a terrific day on so many fronts. It started with a surprise visit from my closest friend from when I was 12, whom I haven't seen in over 7 years!! Her Mom (like a mom to me) and her Grandma were with her too. They were on holiday in my area, driving down the freeway and realized I lived close by - called and were all at my house 10 minutes later!  It was such a joy to give them a huge hug and reconnect after so long.  It's a special friendship that you can pick up like you saw each other yesterday. Despite time and distance our friendship still stands.  I'm reminded of how easy it is to get caught up in the daily routine with kids, hubby, work, household that we forget to tend our adult friendships.  Not just acquaintances or the online chat/email buddies. I'm talking about the real, in person, 'sit-down together and have a cup of coffee' friendships that fill our souls and warm our hearts. There's a few friendships that could use a bit of tending after a long summer and a new baby.  I'll be making some phone calls tomorrow.

To continue the terrific day, I was able to accomplish a great organization project for Turbo's TotSchool items.  You can read about it here.

No comments: