Friday, September 18, 2009

Letter of the Week - T t

 Letter Learning! - T t
week of 9/13/09

This was a busy week with all of our activities starting.  Our mornings are full each day with playgroups, MOPS, music class or Mommy & Me preschool. Then we have lunch and nap.  There's so many things I wanted to do for T t week, but the afternoons are always for playing outside, so we squeeze in what we can before nap and after dinner.

T is for Trains, Teddy Bears and Trees



Train:  Turbo loves paperclips, so I thought this would be a fun craft for us. I cut an empty paper towel roll in half for the train cars (found that much easier than trying to get every little tiny piece of TP off the TP rolls.) The smoke stack is a clothespin. Since we didn't have black paint, I used my broad tip Sharpie and colored it. (Didn't want my son loose with a sharpie).

We also played with our trains/tracks and then pretended to be trains.  Super fun!!  Turbo loves these pretend activities where Mommy gets silly with him.  We laugh and laugh.

Teddy Bear & Trees: 

Since I didn't have craft paper, I used our local newspaper to cover the cereal boxes. While it's not the most attractive, I remind myself it's the process not the product that counts right now.  Better to do the activity than wait for the perfect supplies! I cut the bear shape out of a kitchen sponge to be our stamp and he stamped away.  Mostly he rubbed the stamp on the boxes (HA!) Stamping is a skill we'll work on more.  We had a lot of fun making this T!


Reading Corner: We gathered some  teddy bears and got ready for circle time.  We acted out:
Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear, turn around,
Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear, touch the ground,
Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear, reach up high
Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear, wink one eye,
Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear, slap your knees,
Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear, sit down please.










After the rhyme, we read -Fall Leaves Fall by Zoe Hall. Then pretend to be a Tree and got our paper leaves and have them fall all around us. Turbo loved this!! (see pics above)



T is for MESS!  We traced T t into shaving cream. So messy and so much fun!

No comments: