Monday, November 30, 2009

Hans Hoffman Inspired Art

Hans Hoffman is the inspiration for this week at Open Ended Art.  I created a collage of Hoffman's work and posted it on the wall in Turbo's playroom.  We also looked at Hoffman art on the computer. Turbo looked at 10 or more pieces (a new record) and really enjoyed identifying colors and shapes on the art. His favorites were Autumn Gold and Landscape.

The supplies were paper, cut rectangles of various colors and sizes and a new painting tool - the roller.  Oh my, he was in heaven!!  He had so much fun painting with that roller!
He painted....


and painted...


and painted.


MUCH to my surprise he got his hands in the paint. It started with squishing the roller then proceeded to full finger painting!! 


This is hysterical because he does not like paint on his hands (at all!!) and I've been wanting to make handprint painted turkeys all month. He absolutely would not do it - even when Daddy and I both did. Now that he's broken the ice, I'm hopefull he'll do it again!

5 comments:

Gidget Girl Reading said...

so Cute! He created lots of masterpieces :)

I will have Linky up later today.

I'll be posting Jan. Artist next week

Unknown said...

Save Gramma one!! They are fabulous! I'm glad he finally got his hands in there! No stopping him now!

Zonnah said...

I think I need to get a roller! He did an amazing job :)

Nicole {tired, need sleep} said...

Wow - he did a great job! Look at how many paintings he made... I'm very impressed! It sounds like the roller is a winner. :)

Rebecca said...

He made so many- that's great!